Mark 11:22, And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
Jesus’ answer to Peter was a simple four words, but powerful words they are. “Have faith in God.” The words, “Have faith in God” might appear to be a simple and short phrase, but it is packed with power. This statement, if not the most important phrase in the Bible, is surely in the top ten list.
There is no Christian life without faith. We are saved by faith. We are to serve by faith. We will be sanctified by faith. We cannot even think about pleasing God without faith (Hebrews 11:6).
The great difference between the “cursed” man and the “blessed” man is where they place their faith, their trust, and their dependence (Jeremiah 17:5-8). Unfortunately, our heart often deceives us into thinking we are trusting in God, when in reality we are trusting in someone or something else (Jeremiah 17:9; 2:11-13)!
- When things are going well, have faith in God
- When things are not going well, have faith in God
- When your health, or the health of your loved ones is great, have faith in God
- When you or a loved one is laying on your death bed with a terminal illness, have faith in God
- When you are flooded with light, have faith in God
- When you can’t even see light at the end of the tunnel, have faith in God
- When the ministry is “being blessed,” have faith in God
- When the ministry seems to be falling apart, have faith in God
It really is a simple way to live. Have faith in God. Simply trust that God wants what’s best for us, knows what’s best for us, and can do what’s best!
Just reflecting on the words of Jesus!