Nehemiah 6:15-16, So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month Elul, in fifty and two days. 16 And it came to pass, that when all our enemies heard thereof, and all the heathen that were about us saw these things, they were much cast down in their own eyes: for they perceived that this work was wrought of our God.
Tomorrow, I will be preaching about the man Nehemiah. More specifically about the spirit of Nehemiah and how God is still looking for some men and women who are willing to go in that same spirit and fulfill the purposes of God in this world.
Nehemiah was able to do a great work (rebuilding the walls and rehanging the gates), a work that, for most, seemed to be an impossibility, in a matter of 52 days.
Quite an accomplishment to say the least!
One of my favorite books in the Bible, especially in the Old Testament, is the Book of Nehemiah. In this book we find much action and many lessons that would help us to advance the kingdom of God in our day. The Book of Nehemiah reminds us that God always chooses and prepares a man to fulfill his purposes in the earth, and more often than not, he is often the least likely candidate for the job!
The Book of Nehemiah is a book about …
- Seeing what others simply do not see!
- Leaving one’s life of comfort, stability, and security for a life of risk for the sake of our King and his kingdom!
- Recognizing that there is a cause worth living for that is greater than living for our personal and selfish ambitions!
- Doing something for God that makes absolutely no sense to the average person, including our brothers and sisters in Christ!
- Building something for God in spite of opposition!
God is looking for some men and women with the spirit of Nehemiah today.
The Seven Signs of A Nehemiah Spirit:
1] Nehemiah was concerned about his brethren [1:2]!
2] Nehemiah wept over the condition of those in need [1:4]!
3] Nehemiah fasted and prayed over the great need [1:4]!
- His prayer focused first and foremost on God’s goodness and greatness [1:5]
- He prayed consistently and continuously [1:6]
- He confessed, not only their sins, but his own sins [1:6-7]
- He asked God to show His mighty power [1:10-11]
4] Nehemiah was willing to go to where the need was great [2:5]!
5] Nehemiah rallied a team to join him in the work [2:17-18]!
6] Nehemiah and his team had a mind to work [4:6]!
7] Nehemiah refused to quit [6:3]!
God is still looking for a man who is willing to count the cost, pay the price, and surrender his all to do what God has been preparing him to do.
Will you be that man?
Just pondering over my message for tomorrow!!!