John 4:34-35, Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. 35 Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh harvest? behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.
In the great story of Jesus’ encounter with the woman at the well, found in John chapter four, there are so many wonderful lessons to learn. A few of them them are listed below.
(1) Jesus was willing to GO where others refused to GO
(2) Jesus was willing to DO what others refused to DO
(3) Jesus was willing to LOVE those others refused to LOVE
(4) Jesus was willing to SEND those others refused to SEND, and
(5) Jesus SAW what others refused to SEE (4:34-35)!
I am convinced that we do not SEND to the harvest fields because we do not SEE the harvest fields as Jesus SAW them (John 4:34-35)!
This is what we call vision!!!!
Proverbs 29:18, Where there is no vision, the people perish
O Lord, help us to see the world as you see it!
“Visions are born in the soul of a man or woman who is consumed with the tension between what is and what could be. … For a vision to become a reality, someone must put his or her neck on the line. Vision requires visionaries, people who have allowed their minds and hearts to wander outside the artificial boundaries imposed by the world as it is.”